MSC Cruises — the Swiss-based world’s largest privately-owned cruise line and brand market leader in Europe, South America and the Gulf — announced today the opening of sales for MSC Virtuosa, beginning her inaugural season in the Western Mediterranean on November 8, 2020. Sales are open now exclusively for MSC Voyagers Club members, as one of the many benefits of the loyalty program that rewards MSC Cruises guests. For all other guests, sales will open on December 3rd.
MSC Virtuosa will be the fourth ship in the Meraviglia generation and the second Meraviglia-plus ship, an evolution of the Meraviglia class offering additional staterooms and even more public space. MSC Virtuosa has been named to pay homage to the skill and expertise of our architects and shipyard partners at Les Chantiers de l’Atlantique who designed and built this innovative class of ships which delivers “excellence” in both hardware and software when it comes to the guest experience.
This ground-breaking class of ships, including MSC Virtuosa, has been designed with rich onboard features, with a wide range of entertainment, dining, relaxation, shopping and other features as well as the iconic MSC Yacht Club, a “ship within a ship” concept for those seeking exclusivity and luxury within a world of choice. Highlights of the MSC Virtuosa distinct on board experience include:
- Two brand new Cirque du Soleil at Sea shows, created exclusively for MSC Cruises’ guests by the world leader in live entertainment, Cirque du Soleil. With performances six nights per week in the purpose-built Carousel Lounge, guests will be able to enjoy a unique experience that cannot be found anywhere else at sea. The partnership overall will total in eight original shows available exclusively on board MSC Cruises’ Meraviglia generation ships.
- The very latest in technology designed to enrich the guest cruise experience as part of MSC Cruises’ digital innovation program, MSC for Me. Zoe, MSC Cruises’ new digital cruise assistant — an industry first — is a bespoke device designed by HARMAN International, the experts in the field of voice-enabled technology. She will speak 7 languages and will be on-hand to offer guests a simple and stress-free way to find out information about everything the ship has to offer in the comfort of the stateroom. Every stateroom will be fitted with this custom-built voice-enabled Artificial Intelligence technology.
- An unprecedented choice of both fine dining and more casual options serving fresh, authentic food for every taste, served across multiple venues plus a huge range of bars for every occasion.
- The Promenade will be extended with a larger shopping area and will feature a new restaurant concept exclusively for MSC Aurea experience guests. In addition, L’Atelier Bistrot, a new bar and lounge, will offer relaxed seating with a stage and dance floor all located in the heart of the Promenade.
- A wide array of family facilities and entertainment make this ship ideal for family vacations, thanks to programming and spaces designed in partnership with leading family experts including LEGO® and Chicco.
- Six ports in seven nights in the Western Mediterranean, including the iconic ports of Genoa, Marseille and Barcelona as well as other high-demand destinations.
MSC Virtuosa will be fitted with state-of-the-art environmental technology to reduce her environmental footprint including: an exhaust gas cleaning system for cleaner emissions; an advanced wastewater treatment system; smart heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC) to recover heat from machinery spaces; and LED lighting and smart devices to significantly save energy. This environmental technology is part of MSC Cruises commitment to provide guests with the best vacation experiences at sea in a sustainable way.
When booking MSC Virtuosa over the initial two-week opening of sales period exclusive to them, MSC Voyagers Club members will receive a special 5% discount on top of their usual 5% loyalty discount as well as having the first selection of staterooms. All other guests will also enjoy a 5% early booking discount until June 3, 2019.
MSC Virtuosa will commence her maiden voyage from Genoa, Italy on November 8, 2020.
Key Stats: 181,000 gross tonnage, 1,086 ft. in length, and 2,421 staterooms with a maximum capacity of 6,334 guests (approx. 4,842 at double occupancy)
Guests interested in more information and bookings can visit www.msccruises.com or contact their preferred travel agent.
For further media information visit www.mscpressarea.com/en-us.