• MSC Cruises’ award-winning* kids and family offering comes to the UK this summer on board the company’s brand new flagship MSC Virtuosa
• With 98 hours of kids and family entertainment per seven-night sailing, there’s almost too much to do
• From a packed entertainment schedule, to cutting-edge facilities, immersive gameshows and sport tournaments, kids will have a blast on MSC Cruises’ very latest ship
London, United Kingdom – 16 April, 2021 – All eyes are on MSC Virtuosa, MSC Cruises’ brand-new flagship, coming to the British Isles this summer. A destination in itself, the ship offers everything a family could want to create the ultimate holiday, with an award-winning* offering for kids of all ages. And parents can rest easy that their little ones is in good hands under the protection of MSC Cruises’ industry-leading health and safety protocol, with a set of specific measures in place for the kids clubs.
As a family-owned company, MSC Cruises has always put the needs of families at the heart of the cruise experience and this has been taken to the next level with MSC Virtuosa and what’s more, British families will be the first to experience this next-generation cruise ship.
1.) THE ‘THERE’S TOO MUCH TO DO’ FAMILY PROGRAMME
With an ever-growing repertoire of activities for children of all ages, MSC Virtuosa has over 98 hours of kids’ activities per week. With interactive games, live family game shows, a dedicated sport programme, themed days and more! For kids that have been longing to get out and discover new things, there is almost too much choice!
- MSC Dance Crew: the dance talent show developed in partnership with Fremantle, the production company behind ‘X Factor’
- Dorebro Sport: the exclusive sports programme for kids
- Cabin 12006: the exclusive original web series starring teen idols Max & Harvey! Having attracted over 4 million online views, it’s now also a live entertainment experience on board with seven different activities during each cruise
- Brand new for MSC Virtuosa, Driven By The Music: an interactive silent disco mixed with a juke box where kids can dance their hearts out
- Also brand new for MSC Virtuosa, Junior Detective: a new game where kids must use their powers of observation and attention to detail in order to find answers, collect clues and solve puzzles in search of the truth!
2.) 700m2 OF DEDICATED KIDS’ SPACE
Spanning seven rooms across 700 m2 of dedicated space, kids have everything they need to keep them entertained from sunrise to sunset and beyond conveniently located in one area of the ship…
An exclusive partnership with The LEGO® Group means there’s over 64,000 bricks to hand, on top of the latest game consoles (PlayStation 5 included!), more than 500 pieces of sports equipment and 70 costumes.
- Specially for babies, in partnership with Chicco®: Baby Club for toddlers up to 3 years, with qualified crew members
- For the younger kids: Mini Club and Juniors Club (3 – 11 years)
- For the older kids: Young Club and Teen Club (12 – 17 years) including the brand-new TEENS LAB, a totally immersive, tech-filled, modern room just for teenagers
3.) AN ENTERTAINMENT AREA WITH THRILLS AND SPILLS
An arcade, theme park, immersive videogame and bowling alley all in one place – the entertainment area will be a big hit with all the family.
Start by stepping aboard one of two authentic racing simulators for an immersive race around an F1 track complete with movement, vibrations and sound to bring the race alive.
Next, don 3D glasses and step into the immersive XD cinema and shoot your way around one of the alternate worlds, from zombies and an abandoned fairground to something more suited to the little ones. Another way to transport yourself into another dimension is to embark on a tech-fuelled adventure into the unknown with the Hologate Arena attraction, where guests step into virtual reality (VR) to fight robots, zombies, or dragons. Completing this area is a full-sized bowling alley with two lanes and a whole host of arcade games.
4.) A HUGE INTERACTIVE AQUAPARK TO COOL DOWN IN
After a long day of fun, kids can head up to the upper decks to cool down in one of the most exciting aquaparks at sea! Jump on one of three action-packed water slides, including:
- The champagne bowl slide: starting with a steep drop, guests fall into a bowl where they spin around at high speed
- Two racing tube slides: those with a competitive side can race their friends on two inter-twining slides. Using inflatable rings, go on the green light and see who reaches the splash-down first!
Underneath the slides is the Aquaplay spray area complete with massive tipping bucket, water guns and multiple interactive water elements.
Finally, the ultimate open-deck experience isn’t just for the kids, but is only for those feeling brave! Prepare to take on the Himalayan Bridge, a huge rope course that crosses the entire ship, 80 metres above the water. Make it over the obstacles and across the floating steps for an unforgettable sea view that won’t be forgotten.