MSC CRUISES INTRODUCES INDUSTRY LEADING PROGRAM FOR SHORE EXCURSIONS ACCESSIBLE FOR ALL GUESTS
• Custom accessible tours for guests with all types of mobility available for a total of 20 destinations
• Tours already introduced in 11 ports in the Caribbean and being rolled out to 9 ports in the Mediterranean across Winter 2019 and Summer 2020 seasons
MSC Cruises, the world’s largest privately-owned cruise line and market leader in Europe, South America, South Africa and the Gulf, today announced the roll out of its accessible shore excursions program to 5 more ports this winter 2019 and 3 additional ports for summer 2020, meaning that these tours will now be available for guests to book in 20 destinations across the Caribbean and Mediterranean.
With each guest having different abilities, whether they have a disability, limited mobility or are slow walkers, MSC Cruises wanted to ensure that their guests had the largest variety of shore excursions possible to suit all needs.
This is why MSC Cruises is introducing its Accessible Tours Program, extending the availability of tailored shore excursions for those with reduced mobility. This program offers a unique opportunity to explore a range of the world’s most sought-after destinations without having to worry about restricted access.
These tours and excursions have been created with careful consideration for safety and accessibility, allowing all guests to explore each destination in total comfort, guaranteeing that:
• Tour routes are completely step-free
• Routes are step-free and accessible to wheelchairs wherever possible
• Only short distances are covered
• Timings are run at a slower pace
• Accessible restrooms with wide doors are planned along the route
Not only this, but family members and friends can join these inclusive tours, with the comfort of small groups lead by professional and compassionate tour guides – experienced in working with limited mobility guests.
Jean-Pierre Joubert, MSC Cruises’ Head of Shore Excursions commented: “MSC Cruises is committed to offer an incredible choice of shore excursions designed to suit all tastes, giving guests the freedom to make the most of every moment ashore. We have always been sensitive to the needs of our guests, and constantly strive to offer the best possible service, meeting international accessibility standards. This program is unique because for the first time we offer accessible tours available in both popular cruise regions of the Caribbean and the Mediterranean. By joining these tours, all guests will have the carefree opportunity of enjoying the best of every excursions”.
Highlights of this Accessible Tours Program include:
• San Juan (Puerto Rico) shore excursion combines the best highlights of San Juan into one accessible tour. Escorted by their own tour guide, guest will enjoy a leisurely stroll in the Old Town, and experience panoramic driving tour of the spectacular old Fort San Cristobal, the breathtaking El Capitolio, the famous Casa Olimpica and other popular landmarks.
• Ocho Rios (Jamaica) shore excursion includes an exploration of the fascinating historic open-air museum Columbus Park, the famous Kokono Falls Park with beautiful waterfalls, tropical botanical gardens and other island artifacts.
• Philipsburg and Marigot (St. Maarten): guests will head out to breathtaking scenic drive in both capital cities of St Maarten, tasting their way through the unique Dutch and French heritage of the island with not only Dutch cheeses but also delicious French pastries and the best Rum distilleries of the island.
• Naples (Italy) shore excursion will lead guests to an unforgettable half-day exploring the 2000-year old Roman city of Pompeii first-hand and a short tour of historic landmarks including Piazza del Plebiscito and the Royal Palace.
• Valetta (Malta): guests will get to enjoy a scenic drive to the ancient city of Valletta before exploring Mdina, the island’s former capital contained within ancient walls.
• Marseilles (France): after hill overlooking views of the city, guests will also travel back in time whilst exploring historic landmarks including the Old Port and accessible parts of the 17th-century Fort Saint-Jean.
Notes to Editors:
Accessible Tours will be available for guests cruising on these following ships:
• In the Caribbean - where these tours are already available: MSC Seaside, MSC Armonia, MSC Meraviglia, MSC Divina, MSC Preziosa calling Cozumel (Mexico), George town (Grand Cayman), Montego Bay (Jamaica), Nassau (Bahamas), Ocho Rios (Jamaica), San Juan (Puerto Rico), Philipsburg (St. Maarten), Charlotte Amalie (St. Thomas), King’s Wharf (Bermuda), Roseau (Dominica) and Basseterre (Saint Kitts and Nevis).
• In the Mediterranean: New ports are introduced for the Winter 2019 season, MSC Grandiosa or MSC Opera calling Genoa (Italy), Civitavecchia/Rome (Italy), Valetta (Malta), Barcelona (Spain), Marseille/Provence (France), Messina (Italy)
For Summer 2020 season, 3 more destinations – Naples, Palma de Mallorca and Valencia will have these tours available for guests cruising on MSC Grandiosa, MSC Divina, MSC Fantasia, MSC Lirica and MSC Seaview.
• Tour will be confirmed onboard based on whether the participation minimum is met or not. If not, guests may have the option of booking the tour as a private experience at an additional cost.
• Guests can book now to ensure a spot as limited seats are available
• A minimum number of guests per tour is required, guests can check at the shore excursions desk on board for more details
For more information about MSC Cruises’ Accessible Tours Program please visit local link to this page:
- ENDS -