Geneva, Switzerland, 2nd May 2019 – Every summer holiday has to be special and is a time for family and friends to explore new destinations and share memorable moments together. This summer MSC Cruises has a stellar array of cruises to satisfy everyone’s holiday dreams. With a tempting array of incredible destinations and inspiring itineraries all whilst sailing in comfort on one of the Company’s modern and elegant ships, MSC Cruises offers guests unique onboard experiences, a tempting choice of dining options, award-winning* facilities and activities for families and children of all ages as well as luxurious pampering and wellness.
This summer, MSC Cruises guests can choose from over 420 itineraries on offer, operating in some of the most popular and on-trend destinations - highlights include:
The Company’s brand-new flagship MSC Bellissima along with five other MSC Cruises ships will sail in the Western Mediterranean including MSC Seaview, launched last summer, as well as MSC Divina, MSC Fantasia, MSC Poesia and MSC Preziosa.
During the summer 2019 season, MSC Cruises will provide guests with an unapparelled choice of cruises in this stunning region, with 130 sailings with embarkation possible in many different ports. Not only this, there are a range of different cruise lengths, with itineraries ranging from three to 12 nights in length.
Guests booking MSC Seaview can explore seven different locations in seven nights across three countries. Destination highlights include the beautiful French town of Cannes, bustling Spanish city Barcelona and Italy’s Civitavecchia for trips to the historic Rome.
Another highlight is a 12-night cruise on board MSC Poesia calling in Casablanca, Morocco and Tenerife in the Canary Islands.
In the Eastern Mediterranean, MSC Cruises is increasing its capacity to offer a choice of five ships and over 130 sailings. Cruises in the Eastern Mediterranean are really something special, guests can expect to experience some of the most unique islands in the world, with glistening blue water and diverse landscapes that will leave a lasting impression.
Departing from iconic Venice, Italy – the perfect location to stay a night before or night after a cruise, guests can select from the best options of week-long cruises offered by MSC Magnifica, MSC Musica, MSC Sinfonia, MSC Opera and MSC Lirica. These ships call at some of the most spectacular destinations, including the enchanting island of Santorini, Greece, historic ports of Split and Dubrovnik in Croatia among others.
MSC Lirica is also deployed in the region, offering a range of itineraries. Firstly, a brand new three and four-night short cruises from Venice. Destinations include Bari, Italy, Koper, Slovenia, Naples, Italy and Sarande, Albania. Perfect for first time cruisers or those looking for a short getaway. Also new this year is 12-night cruises that include two days in Haifa, Israel to explore the famous mountainside gardens, and through into the evening where local bars and restaurants (and even a touch of nightlife) awaits. Also explore the islands of Cyprus, Rhodes and Mykonos during this extended cruise.
Guests wishing to escape to Northern Europe this summer can do so on one of four ships offering a number of breathtaking itineraries across the Fjords, Baltic capitals or even Greenland and Iceland.
A range of cruises from seven to 21-nights in length to some amazing locations, each departing from either Kiel, Warnemunde or Hamburg:
• Seven-night cruises to the Norwegian Fjords and Baltic capitals aboard the ship for all seasons, MSC Meraviglia and MSC Poesia (longer 11-night cruises also available on MSC Poesia).
• MSC Preziosa is offering a range of cruises to destinations including Iceland, Norwegian Fjords, Southampton for London and Rotterdam, Netherlands.
• For guests wishing to explore for longer can book aboard MSC Orchestra, for a range of 10, 11, 12 and 21-night cruises from Hamburg, Germany. Guests on this longer cruise will also be treated to 11 destinations including Qaqortoq in Greenland.
For something a little more tropical, guests can opt for a fly&cruise or cruise-only holiday to the Caribbean:
• Brand new for 2019, guests can embark in Miami, USA for seven and 14-night cruises to western Caribbean destinations that includes two days in Havana, Cuba on board MSC Armonia. This itinerary is truly something special, with enough time to explore much of the intriguing island by day and by night
• Sail aboard MSC Seaside, the ship that follows the sun around the Eastern or Western Caribbean, stopping off at some of the most-loved Caribbean destinations during a seven or 14-night cruise. The ship has the largest amount of outdoor space of any MSC Cruises ship, and is a must for sun-lovers
In September and October, MSC Splendida will be offering two unique Asia cruises for international guests, each departing Yokohama, Japan:
• Leaving on 14th September, this week-long cruise treats guests to five destinations across Japan and Korea. First stop is the vibrant and bustling city of Yokohama, Japan, before moving onto Kanazawa, capital of Japan’s Ishikawa region. South Korea (Republic of Korea) is the next stop for the beach-lined city of Busan and finally Kagoshima, Japan before returning to Yokohama.
• Departing on 18th October, this five-night cruise calls at Nagasaki, Japan, Busan, South Korea (Republic of Korea) before guests disembark in Tianjin, China to wander the streets or head to nearby capital, Beijing.
*Best Cruise Line for Families, Cruise Critic Editors’ Picks Awards 2017