MSC CRUISES LAUNCHES WORLD CRUISE FEATURING A UNIQUE ITINERARY AND PLENTY OF EXOTIC DESTINATIONS
Sail aboard MSC Magnifica on a brand-new 116-night world cruise calling at a whole host of far-flung destinations including Peru, Papua New Guinea, Bali and India
Geneva, Switzerland, October 23, 2017 – MSC Cruises, the Swiss-based world’s largest privately-owned cruise line and market leader in Europe and South America, announced today the opening of sales of its second world cruise, setting sail in 2020. Sales open today, October 23, for MSC Voyagers Club members and everyone else on November 23.
The 2020 MSC World Cruise boasts a new itinerary that includes more exotic and aspirational destinations than ever before, with more than 40 destinations and 23 countries. Not only will guests be able to realise their dreams of travelling the world without ever needing to leave the comfort of their comfortable cabin, but whilst on board MSC Magnifica they will be able to do so with the style and comfort that comes only from MSC Cruises.
MSC Cruises’ Chief Executive Officer Gianni Onorato commented: “Following on from the highly successful launch of our first MSC World Cruise last year due to set to sail in January 2019, we are now delighted to open sales for a new world cruise for 2020 developed to offer guests experiences and destinations that they will never forget. In addition, the experience onboard MSC Magnifica – one of the jewels of our fleet - has been designed to reflect the cultures and cuisines of the countries that the ship visits, giving guests the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in a true around the world voyage of discovery both on board and on shore.”
Guests embarking from Civitavecchia/Rome, Genoa, Marseille and Barcelona on 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January 2020 respectively will cross five continents on a three-month voyage of discovery to some of the world’s most talked-about destinations. To maximise exploration opportunities, eight destinations include an overnight stay in port, giving guests up to two days to experience local attractions, cuisine and unique atmosphere.
Among the 43 destinations of the 2020 MSC World Cruise are a whole host of brand new and exotic destinations including, among many others:
• Ushuaia, Argentina – the most southern city in the world, this Argentinian fishing village offers stunning water scenery with often snow-topped mountains
• Rapa Nui – Easter Island – famed globally for its unique collection of carved-stone figurines dating back to the 13th century
• Darwin, Australia – located at the northern tip of the country, the region allows guest to experience the true Australia – beaches, lagoons, sports and local wildlife can all be experienced within close proximity
• Valparaiso, Chile – famed for its small coloured houses on its coastal hills, guests can get a spectacular view out into the Pacific or explore the city, searching for its photo-worthy walls of art
• Mumbai/Bombay, India – bustling city Mumbai (previously called Bombay) offers smells, tastes and sights around every corner
Salalah, Oman – multiple waterfalls, exotic lush flora and unusual animals make this stop hard to forget. MSC Cruises is known for providing authentic experiences through its wide range of shore excursions that allow guests to get closer to the action, discover new cultures and visit unique locations. The 2020 MSC World Cruise is no different and to help guests make the most of their voyage, 15 shore excursions are included in the cost of the booking and of course other excursions can be booked both in advance or during the cruise. Some of the highlights include:
• In Isle of Pines, New Caledonia, visit ‘Turtle Bay’ where it will be easy to understand the reason for the name: jump in to swim up-close and personal with two different breeds of turtle as well as possibly being joined by other marine life such as stingrays, manta rays, sharks and dolphins
• In Aqaba, Petra, explore the ancient city of Petra in the middle of the Jordanian desert and traverse the narrow cut-through ravine revealing the famous rose-red rock carved temple
• In Port Kelang, Kuala Lumpur, reach the peak of one of the world’s most famous (and tallest) skyscrapers as you reach the top of the Kuala Lumpur Tower: from the top, take in the breath-taking city views from above and capture the perfect holiday photos.
Guests on the World Cruise will also benefit from:
• Complimentary Mealtime Restaurant Drinks Package and a 30% reduction on all laundry services
• More than 90 shows performed in the ship’s Royal Theatre, including 30 Broadway-style shows and a wide range of live music incorporating acts inspired by the itinerary
• A comprehensive activity schedule with theme evenings, language classes, cultural guest speakers and much more
Guests will travel in real style and comfort aboard MSC Magnifica, featuring an award-winning Balinese spa, one of the highest ratios of balcony cabins at sea and fresh and authentic dining options that are a key feature of a MSC Cruises holiday.
During the exclusive one-month booking window for MSC Voyagers Club members, loyal MSC Cruises’ guests will be able to choose their ideal cabin before they sell out. Not only this, but the Company will also credit triple membership points at the time of booking, allowing MSC Voyagers Club members to enjoy all the added benefits right away – this is on top of 15 complimentary shore excursions and mealtime drinks package.
Guests who are not already an MSC Voyagers Club member, but are in possession of a loyalty card from another leading travel reward programme can join the MSC Voyagers Club at a similar or higher level thanks to MSC Status Match. For more information on the MSC Voyagers Club or the MSC Status Match programme, please visit: http://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club.aspx
To learn more about MSC Magnifica and further details of the World Cruise itinerary, please visit: http://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Cruise-Destinations/MSC-World-Cruise-2020.aspx